Wednesday, May 20, 2009

There Is No Other

There is no other
love
like this love
there is no
other love
to love as much
as this love

I have searched for
YOU
high and low
near and far

Where o where
have you been
hiding Yourself?

Why would you
keep Yourself from
me
all this time....these
days of angsty separation
twittering
frittering
wasting these
precious breaths
on grasping at emptiness
for fullness
reaching through ghosts
for a solid hand to
lift me up

You
You have always been
right here

You have always been singing
in my exhalations
dancing in my
inhalations
daring to intoxicate me with
Your LOVE.

Where can I look
What can I touch
that isn't saturated with
Your fragrance?

Where can I step that isn't
Your Holy Shrine?

Where can I sleep that isn't
Your Temple?

Whom can I touch that isn't
Your Body?

Oh LOVE
Burst the dams of my Heart
Flood the veins of my body
Burn down the walls my imagination
with the fire of Your Love.

There is no other
love
like this love
there is no
other love
to love as much
as this love

Scott Patrick Schwenk 5/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment