Thursday, January 7, 2010

30 Days + of Gratitude ~ Day 28


New squash plants coming up in the garden!


  1. I am grateful for the workshops I lead.  There are so many opportunities that arise before, during, and after the workshops for my awareness to be honed, both about myself and people, as well as specificity with intuition.  The depth of learning never stops.
  2. I am grateful for living in an area that has so many walkable destinations nearby for just about anything.
  3. I am grateful for my deepening fascination with and enjoyment of processes over end results.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a predilection for results.  However, especially since building and planting the garden last spring and moving through one growing season, my appreciation for what it takes to stick with the seeds of intention and focus long enough to produce a harvest has made a strong palpable shift that continues to reveal and reveal and reveal with more and more clarity each and every day.
  4. I am grateful for dogs.  Having just walked in from a late dinner with a friend, post-workshop...I'm fresh from being with one of the most beautiful dogs a few tables away.  We locked eyes the moment I sat down, and couldn't stop looking at each other through the entire dinner.  In general, I find that dogs are so easy to connect with heart-to-heart, spirit-to-spirit.  The fear and resistance that most humans carry around intimacy seems mostly non-existent with dogs.  I eagerly await my first dog.  I try not to think about it to much, because it tugs on my heart in an achey longing way. There will be a time and a home that will be right for me to welcome in this companion, and I can't wait :)
  5. I am grateful for my contentment with my home.  I'm coming up on 5 years in this apartment, and rarely does a day go by that I don't look around this place with huge appreciation and gratitude for it on so many levels.  While I do want a dog, and this building doesn't allow them, there's so much about this building and apartment that I deeply appreciate.  It is a home for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment