Monday, December 28, 2009

30 Days + of Gratitude ~ Day 21




  1. I am grateful to be surrounded by an amazing group of friends with open hearts, deep loyalty, and mad skills!  These are some of the most talented, creative people I've come across.  You know who you are, and I love you.
  2. I am grateful for my love of cooking.  What started out at age 4 as a way to be with my parents after they got home from work quickly evolved into a little library of kids cookbooks and soon a 4-part French Cooking series at the New School of Cooking in Culver City and some private training with what I'm told is a killer chef.  If you want a laugh, ask me sometime to tell one of my Mom's favorite stories about nearly averting a fire when I was 4.  My enjoyment of cooking allows me to give love without words in feeding people.
  3. I am grateful for personal evolution.  How hellish would it be if we were doomed to live as awkward teenagers till we die (I know, I know, some people do....and it's not required...anyone can grow and awaken into the person they always knew they were inside).
  4. I am grateful for the power of prayer.  Whether you use words, silence, connect through nature, set intentions...all that and more falls under the heading of prayer for me, and doing it for the upliftment of others works.  I see it day after day, and it never gets old...always moves me nearly to tears.  
  5. I am grateful for my stubbornness.  As my heart opens wider, the stubbornness evolves into deep unwavering commitment that yields great harvests over time.  "Over Time" being the key words.  Instant was great once upon a time, but more than ever, I'm captivated by the power of being committed, focused, and present over time with a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment