Sunday, December 13, 2009

30 Days + of Gratitude ~ Day 5

  1. I am grateful for Shri Surya, the Sun!  After several days of much needed rain here in LA, the Sun was out this morning.  Every morning I do about an hour or so of practices, and today, got to do them in the Sun once again.  Wow!  What an enormous unstoppable force of Grace that gives unconditionally to everything.  
  2. I am grateful for the previous days of clouds that magnified the depth of my appreciation and gratitude for today's Sunshine.
  3. I am grateful for my morning practices, consisting of chanting, breath, meditation, and writing and my dedication to them.  Chanting the ancient stanzas of the Guru Gita (a profound conversation between Shiva and his wife Parvati (or Shakti) about the True nature of the Teacher/Student relationship...exposing through direct experience, the Teacher within) clears my head, my body, my throat, and energizes my capacity for Awareness-in-action.
  4. I am grateful that I like and love myself.  This was hard-won, and a commodity that cannot be priced and brings appreciation and value to everything I engage with.  I'm not always present to it consciously (hence my practices for remembering), but it's always there when I look within to see.
  5. I am grateful for my Macbook Pro and the Internet.  The list of gifts from both these items to me is nearly endless ~ research, writing, connecting with amazing beings all over the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment